Sunday, August 2, 2015

Days 11 thru 14 - Little To Show, but Good News!

Days 11 thru 14 didn't really provide much photographic evidence that anything was truly accomplished. Some framing was taking place in the attic and the Mold Remediation Team started on Day 13.

Previously, I had reached out to the Restoration Exchange of Omaha to see if they had a list of contacts for refurbishing the sash windows. They're a great group of volunteers that are dedicated to motivating the community to preserve and restore older properties in the community. I thought it was a great place to start, since my Sink is probably 93 years old! If you're in Omaha, and you're interested in local architecture, I strongly suggest you check out their website.

So here's my good news!

On Day 12, I was asked by the Restoration Exchange to be a part of their 2016 walking tour schedule. I was blown away. I mean, my little house, which sat empty and forgotten for well over a year, would be open to curious and supportive members of my new community! At first, I thought it was October of 2015 and was about to say NO! But then was told that my area, Aksarben, was slated for 2016. I promptly said yes, giving myself a good year to procrastinate. I can't tell you how excited and honored I am to have been asked.

With the mold remediation in full swing (no pictures allowed as it was a contained area), a little framing was done in the attic... until the power had to be shut off to clean around the electrical outlets, etc. Unforeseen work stoppage at it's finest. But here's a few pictures of the attic.
Before


After


Work in progress looking towards the future boudoir

Where the wall will be

No comments:

Post a Comment