Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 17 - A Little Down Time

At some point, I realized that I might just have to do laundry, pay my bills and do my dishes, instead of being at the house all the time. But it's hard. Between working long hours at my regular job, and running up to the house every evening, or at lunch or when I have scheduled meetings with Mike, I've really started to run myself a little ragged. Even my day of shopping the previous weekend took it's toll.

So today I laid low, paid my bills, did my dishes and caught up on the blog. I also, however, manage to pick out tile for the kitchen backsplash!

That's right. I made a decision! This is a green glass subway tile that I think goes really well with the period of the house. Along with the color scheme that seems to be coming forth. It plays off the granite that I chose reasonably well, and isn't too expensive for the area I need. I bought one, and I'm hoping to show Mike on Wednesday, at our weekly meeting. I have an idea for the wall color and the cabinets are going to be an "old white". It's starting to come together, slowly but surely. Progress!!

At this point, I have 8 weeks until I need to move in. 8 WEEKS PEOPLE! I'll be pulling my hair out (which reminds me, I need a cut/color) as the time grows shorter. I am starting to get more apprehensive, but still excited. 

Funny story...while I was looking for this tile, I decided I better look for the tile floor in the master bathroom in the attic reno. The salesman, a really nice guy, said that I should bring something in, a cabinet panel, a paint sample. I said to him that I would, but it's an addition, not an existing renovation. To which he said with a smile on his face, "Well, for as long as you walked around the store, you should have a good idea of our stock". I took pictures. It better help!

1 comment: