Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 6 - It's BATHROOM DAY!




During my lunch "hour", I went up to the house in order to walk through the "drawing" of the bathroom upstairs with Mike. 
That's it...that's how we roll in the big O. This fine artist rendering is actually on the wall that separates the current "finished storage space" (per tax records), which will become my "dressing room/retreat" whenever I get to it. The bathroom goes in between the main area and that room, so you have to walk through the bathroom to get to your clothes.  BIG discussion point with Mike. He doesn't like it. I think it's perfect! 

The big X in the upper right hand corner will be my shower, the small x is the stack and chimney which will be boxed in.  The doors aren't exactly what I like, but I feel like it might give me better floor space for the bedroom itself because I lose about 3 feet on the far right for an access door for the plumbing (line that runs up the right side of drawing). I originally wanted them to be inline with each other, giving me some cross breeze, but I think this is a good call. The toilet is, well, you can see it. Based on current dimensions, the vanity could be up to 60 inches. I have to think about that. There will be tile floors, but due to the age of the home and my fear of ruining the ceiling downstairs, the shower will be a very nice curved alcove shower. Tile is too heavy, so nothing super fancy. I plan on having a gray vanity and light gray or cream tile floors and accented yellow walls. That's my plan, subject to change as always.

This meeting also determined the choice of insulation. Icynene will be blown in, which means that I won't lose a lot of head room (have to make space between the roof decking and the dry wall and I was prepared to lose up to 8 inches but now will only lose 3). I also requested a sky light in the bathroom. That's still open for discussion but I think it's a good add-on based on how dark the bathroom may be. Can you say "change order"?

We have progress, folks! More than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment