Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 2 - The Fun Never Stops

After an exhausting day 1 (I was asleep by 9 PM), day 2 started out slightly cooler. I hate to sweat, but it's clearly something at which I excel.

Day 2 brought the muscles of Cody (and myself) to haul up 2 couches (neither of them sleepers, thankfully,but there's one of those on the main floor) and a old style 50 inch TV (I believe it was the tube kind) that "worked" but needed some part (according to Anthony). So it went to the curb with a "FREE" sign and was gone by the end of the day. I also counted this as my "workout of the day". After all, Cody is my personal trainer! I took pleasure in the fact that he was sweating too! I don't think he thought it was funny when I kept saying, "can't you call some strong guy friends?" We got it done. I only complained a little (a lot).

Heidi came along to help clean out the closets (coats, more gallons of paint, a ton of coat hangers and more "stuff"). Bob brought donuts and diet Pepsi, light bulbs and rags, buckets and plastic ties. And then he went to town on the garage. Here's the difference between Bob and I...I was thrilled that we had actually gotten the gross crap out of the garage and the "keep" stuff out of the basement and into the garage, in some semblance of order. Bob, however, attacked the garage like a man on a mission, sweeping, organizing, sorting and making it look so much better. Thereby reducing the risk of critters (there was bird seed all over the place.) Plus, you have to love a man who knows how to use a broom. Too bad he's married....

Heidi also acted as my main tour guide when visitors showed up, as I swept and scrapped the basement floor. I have to have mold remediation done, so I didn't want papers and pieces of balloon animals (wtf) going down my drain. I'm sure my visitors understood.

And finally, it was noon. I was so done for the day. Plus... I had committed to going to River Riot.  I'm not the smartest tool in the box some days. But I figured I needed a break. Thanks to Melissa for putting up with my tired ass as we met and watched some really good bands! In the heat. Oh well, it's summer. I have to suck it up.

Here's some pictures of our accomplishments. It also gives you a peek at the house "before" renovations. The sink is next on my list...and a big list it is!

The bathroom, divested of the previous owners toothbrushes (for real). The tub, floor and medicine cabinet are staying. The pink tags you see around the house are from when they winterized the house (and the antifreeze in the toilet). As much as I like purple, that rug is GONE!
A clean basement!

All the OLD screen windows were stacked up here

Old coal storage room (complete with coal chute) 

Old coal storage room #2

This is the creepy root cellar (we refer to it as the "puts the lotion on the skin" room)
The former home of 2 couches and a TV.


1 comment:

  1. TWO coal storage rooms? And wow, I can't believe all the stuff they left behind. TOOTHBRUSHES WTF.

    ReplyDelete