Thursday, September 24, 2015

Days 54 - 69 I should leave town more often

I had to leave town for work for days 58 thru 63. It was a good thing and a bad thing. It was good because I needed to step away again. I was working a lot of hours at the house and I needed a break. But at the same time, things were starting to move forward at a really fast pace! I hated to miss it.

When I left, I had drywall. And when I returned...I had a ROOM. That's right. The attic is now, really and truly, a room. With paint and ceiling texture and a door and baseboard. I'm just amazed. Simply amazed.

Here's a slow progression of the attic renovation.
Raw oak cap on the wall around the stairs

New framing around the windows

Trying to match the door style

And then we get paint and stain:
Looks very close to the other doors

Hello Painters

This may be my favorite thing. The craftsmanship
In addition to the painting upstairs, the kitchen counter was finally "fully" installed. Again, I'm just amazed by these countertops. And by adding 1 1/2" lip to the countertops, I feel like I have more counter space. Plus... BACKSPLASH. Can I just say...I'm so pleased with my choices. Everyone knows Purple is my favorite color, but I think I'm rocking the green pretty well. And black!
Partially painted, backsplash tile started
Loving the tile


Then there's the floor in the master bath...Yeah. I'm geeking out a little...
Subfloor
TILE!!!











And finally... the hardwood floors...almost complete. And so PRETTY!! Coat 3 will be done coming up in the next couple of days.


Stain Choices

Raw floors, beautiful!

2 coats

1 coat



















So we're winding down. Or ramping up. Take your pick. It's all coming together like a well oiled machine, except maybe a couple of weeks behind my schedule. I won't be able to move in by September 30, but when I do move in, most, if not all of the small items will be completed. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I can't wait to see it all in person!!

    ReplyDelete