Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 50 thru 53 - It's ALIVE (Ok, it's just WALLS)

When they told me things would move quickly, I didn't really realize just HOW quickly. And it's so exciting! I keep saying "this is so exciting" when last month I was saying "this is so stressful" but I really have no other words for it. Now that the stress of getting my necessary projects done, the colors picked out, the fixtures, the tile, the toilets...and almost all the painting completed, things are starting to take shape.

Even though it was a holiday weekend, it's also the weekend where appliances go on sale because the new models will come out soon. I bought my appliances from Sears, after I price shopped and did my due diligence with Consumer Reports (and walked out of Nebraska Furniture Mart when no one would wait on me). Then I cried when I paid the bill. Seriously. I didn't go overboard, I didn't get all the bells and whistles. I bought what I needed, what will fit, and I'm going to hope it looks good as well. 

I started looking at carpeting. That's all I can say about that. Other than I took pictures. Again, what's with all the damn choices?!

We also started to spruce up the yard. However, we still haven't touched the bushes in the front of the house. It's not the right time of the season to clean those up. But the choker weeds, and the rogue trees are now gone, and it looks cleaner. 9 yard waste bags later, it should. Thank you to Bob and Anthony for helping me. I had originally just wanted to borrow the lawn mower!!

I also remembered that I needed to paint the laundry room (opps). So I started that and will finish up in a day or two. Small room, one person job. Using the same paint as the front bedroom because I like it. It looks cleaner already (and I really am bad at taking "before" pictures!) Also thinking about shelving in the room. I struggle with that because all the walls are plaster and lathe...so I don't really know how to hang shelves. But I'll figure it out at some point.

So, without further ado... here's the attic space with WALLS. That's right, I said it. REAL WALLS! And so many choices for bed placement! Squeeee!
Looking towards the bathroom.
Remember when?!
Bathroom, where the vanity will be
Looking south, towards the back of the house

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I am in love with the bedroom!! You have done an amazing job in just a short period of time - I am really impressed!

    ReplyDelete