Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Labor (of love)

I've written a new list of projects that don't necessarily need to be done before the Home Tour. But one task does and I've been dragging my feet starting it. 

I chose to keep the original floor in the main floor bath, knowing full well that it would require regrouting and maybe a glaze (haven't fully researched that). But in the meantime, I've struggled with how to get years of dirt, compounded by time and construction mess, off the tile and out of the grout. And I finally found it!

Bar Keepers Friend! I bought it to clean up the burner trays on my electric range when I realized that possibly, this would work. It's abrasive, but these tiles are pretty worn down, so I wasn't too worried. 

And low and behold... It's working!


I swear this isn't "my" dirt. I've mopped and cleaned this floor more times than I've ever wanted to. Trust me. 

And when I get back from my Labor Day relaxation, I plan to finish. But in the meantime, I'm thrilled with this product and the outcome! And it's inexpensive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment