Thursday, November 3, 2016

Budget Constraints and the World Series

Fall is upon us and I had really thought that I would get a head start on winter by ordering and installing some storm windows.

It would appear that I was a little overzealous in that thought. Plus, I decided not ALL my money needs to go into the house this year.

So, instead of storm windows... I attended Games 1 and 2 of the 2016 World Series. My beloved Cleveland Indians had overcome adversity, injury and proved the naysayers wrong by sweeping Boston and clinching the ALCS in Toronto. I watched every evening game, glued to my seat. And when the call came... I was ready.

I left my happy home for a 13 hour one way road trip, a week of sleep deprivation and living like a teenager (staying with my Mom). My job allows me to work from wherever (oh the joys of telecommuting) and I had a friend with Indians Season tickets. And as the online ticket sale prices rose... I sat back and waved goodbye to a couple of storm windows.

I think I got the better end of the deal. Face value tickets, completing a bucket list item and spending time with my Mom.

The final outcome wasn't what I necessarily wanted, although I am 1/2 happy that we lost to a team that hadn't won in a century. But still, no one likes to lose... period.

And I'll just have to wait a few months for those much needed storm windows.  It's not like the steps are completed!!!  (I left the day after the floor guy finished, so it's been 2 long weeks).

I've always love the Cleveland Indians. I'll continue to #rallytogether and try to catch more games next season. Maybe attention Spring Training.  I'm grateful for the memories, the bucket list check mark and the reminder of how much I love the game of baseball! 

#GoTribe !!



No comments:

Post a Comment