Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Prepping for the Tour of Homes

When I bought the house, I agreed to be on a tour that highlights moderately priced neighborhoods, with interesting architecture, within the city. Of course, when I agreed, it seemed so far off.

But now the time is drawing closer. This past weekend, the volunteers from the Restoration Exchange paid me a visit, went over the game plan for the tour, and took pictures. Professional "after" pictures. They also wanted a list of projects, contractors and resources I used. It was the pictures I was least prepared for. 

I was also unprepared to hear that I could potentially have anywhere from 200 to 1000 people thru the house. Weather dependent! Unreal, but great for the community!

So I spent a good week unpacking (aka - hiding) items, rearranging and generally making the house look good. It was a long week!

But here's a preview. And when I get the real pictures back, I'll post them. They should highlight some of the aesthetics of the home, not so much the décor. I hope!




Ignore the vacuum. I just wanted to prove it existed!!


I'm rather proud of my "office"! Even though it's a little like a waiting room. I can't wait to read a book, while curled up on the love seat in a blanket, this winter!

And now that the heat wave has passed, I'm back to working on the yard. And possibly storm windows! All in due time!

No comments:

Post a Comment